LBF is committed to ensure that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
LBF may change this policy once a year and also as and when required by updating this page. You should check this page occasionally to ensure your satisfaction with any changes. Please note that this policy is effective from 01st May 2014.
What we collect:
We may collect the following information:
- Name and job title
- Contact information including email address
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
- You will register with us using your Facebook or Google identity (“Third Party Sites”). You understand that, by creating an account or by registering through Third party sites, we and others will be able to identify you by your App Proﬁle. However, we will not be liable under any circumstance for the generation of your proﬁle or the information you provide therein. LBF will also not be liable for the photographs and data that the Users might upload, the use and misuse thereof.
What do we do with the information we gather:
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping
- We may use the information to improve our products and services
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting via the email address which you have provided
- Occasionally, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customize the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensure that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps to analyze web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us to analyze data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites:
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
LB CIM mobile application permissions:
For the purpose of Credit Risk Assessment, we need the following Permissions from you.
Phone Permission: Collect and monitor specific information about your device including your hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers like IMEI and serial number, user profile information and mobile network information to uniquely identify the devices and ensure that unauthorized devices are not able to act on your behalf to prevent frauds.
Location Permission: Collect and monitor information about the location of your device to do risk assessment for credit scoring.
Contacts Permission: This permission is required to detect references and auto-fill data during your credit line application process for a seamless user journey. The app collects and monitors your contacts information which includes name, phone number, account type, contact last modified date, favorites and other optional data like relationship and structural address to enrich your financial profile. This also helps us to assess your risk profile and determine your credit eligibility.
SMS Permission: We collect and monitor only your bank related financial transaction SMS, names of transacting parties, transaction description and amount to perform a credit risk assessment. This helps us make faster credit disbursals. No personal SMS data is collected, read or stored.
Apps Permission: Collect and monitor list of installed apps in your device for credit profile enrichment Accounts Permissions Collect and monitor list of accounts in your device for credit profile enrichment.
Controlling your personal information:
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at [email protected]
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Information and Communication Technology Act of 2003. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to Head of IT, LB Finance PLC, Corporate Office, No 20, Dharmapala Mawatha, Colombo 03, Sri Lanka.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above addresses. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.